Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Year ReARRANGEMENTS

Lucky for me, I have great friends who share influential websites with me. One of my friends shared a link to an entry entitled "20 New Year’s Resolutions For 20-Somethings." This link could not have been more dead on for what members of the Boy Meets World and Tamagotchi-loving generation should do or change in the New Year. It has a humorous take on authentic 2012 resolutions. I have listed a couple that I think are related to my life:

Resolution #1: Before you status update, Tweet, Tumble or Instagram, pause and say to yourself, “is it entirely necessary that I share this morsel of thought with my entire social network?” and if the answer is not, “yes, I absolutely must,” then step away from the Internet.

I think this one is important because a lot of people are sharing their inner, most, darkest thoughts on the social media. Honestly, I do not think the social media is to be used in this way describe above, it is to be used for sharing INTERESTING information with close friends (i.e. interesting blogs or news). So please follow this advice!

Resolution #5: Find a way to save approximately 300 dollars and spend it on a flight to see a friend or family member who lives far away.

I have a lot of friends who live more than 4 hours driving distance so for me this resolution is an important one. Memories made with life-long friends are what matters the most in the world. In 5 years, I will not remember a shirt I got at Nordstrom but I will remember that time I went to Dave & Busters with some of my best friends. This is probably why I am going to have mini Elon-reunion in North Carolina this February! Next stop, Disney or Boca Raton, FL.

Resolution #6: Please stop liking the Kardashians, all of them. It’s not helping anyone, least of all the Kardashians.

I can tell you for sure that I will never stop liking the Kardashians. And I do not blame anyone else who cannot help themselves. This show is just to good not to like. Team Khloe.

Resolution #9: Call someone on the phone at least once a week, and speak to him or her for at least ten minutes.

I am a big advocate of this one. Texting, tweeting and Facebook posts are great for short, simple needs, but who really wants to have a conversation via them. I sure don’t. But calling someone on the phone and you can have a legitimate conversation with voice tone and use sarcasm without getting into trouble.

Resolution #16: Volunteer once over the next 90 days. You’ll feel really good about it, and probably end up volunteering again over the next 275.

I have always been heavily involved with volunteering while I was in high school and college, but since graduation I have struggled to maintain any sort of volunteer work. I think it's important to give back to the community especially since I have so much already given to me. On Christmas, I got to serve food to the elderly. The feeling that you get by making people happy just by talking to them is undeniable. They have so many stories and life experience that they just need someone to listen to them, and I was happy to be that person.


Happy New Year to all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment